CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 18, 2008

The truth about happily ever after

From the time we are young children we are brainwashed into thinking that fairy tales truly exist. I am not a pessimist, merely a realist from experience. Girls can relate to this a little better. We watch Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and dress up like them and dream of becoming a princess until real life sets in and we realize that fairy tales are just that, tales, not real life.

I myself was tricked into thinking that someday I would go to a ball and perhaps lose a slipper and have Mr. Prince Charming himself come sweep me off my feet. But from experience I have learned to accept the fact that the fairy tale dream I had does not exist.

I still do believe in true love and finding someone that you want to be with forever, I just see it in a different way. I think when you find that person they in no way will be perfect, or prince charming. but they will be perfect for you in a sense. They will in no doubt do things to drive you crazy, but I think thats how it should be. Makes everything more real, if there wasn't down times we wouldn't have good ones. Its in the scriptures, look it up. So all in all, still dream of good things but don't be fooled by the perfect image that is out there. It doesn't exist. Live in real life it is good!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Foooo Rizzle Stev-a-reno! You hit it right on the nose:)