CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Joy of Giving


It's the time of the year that people think a lot about service. Before I write anything I would like to say of course that hopefully we can look for ways to serve always! I need to remember that and I try to every year, but its easier said than done. Anyways, it is great to see an out-pour of service throughout the holidays. I have been thinking a lot about service this week because I have seen a lot of it at work. Because I work at a non-profit agency we thrive on donations. And here in Cache Valley there are many wonderful people willing to donate so much to us. We have had several people/ organizations donate turkey dinners for Thanksgiving for the families who come through CAPSA. I am one of the lucky ones who gets to give the dinners to the families that come in because I am in the front office. These people are SO grateful and its amazing what the power of serving can do and the changes it can make.


All the service that I see personally and stories I have heard just go to show, people are generally good. It makes me think how much different our world would be if we served just a little more. If everyone served one person a day, and that person served another and so on, the world would be an amazing place! I truly believe that each individual can have a huge impact on the world around them. If we all did what we talk about doing, what we really want to do, serve just a little more, how much better would our corner of the world be? And not only would those around us be happier, but we would be happier. I think the big thing is taking responsibility to ACT and not just stand on the sidelines and wait for others to do the serving.
I hope all of us can be more aware of the ways we can serve, big and small. And not only during Christmas but all year. Each of us has the power to change lives and to make the world a better place.

No comments: