Most people who know me wouldn't say that I was an old fashioned girl, in fact I know I am made for this time period. But when I look at "the good old days" and some of the customs that were around I can't help but wish that we had more of that now. For example chivalry. It is very hard to find. The world of dating is completely different than it was 20 or 30 years ago. We are living in a world where a lot of guys will ask out girls over a text message. Um...is it really that hard to pick up the phone and call? It seems so simple but guys that will actually call are already earning brownie points. Its the simple things that count like opening the door. Also ask us on real dates. Too many guys just want to "hang out" and we women let them get away with it. We aren't asking for too much just the small things. We don't need an expensive date, we don't even care if its all for free, its the planning and effort that count.
Next what happened to face to face communication? Obviously I am a fan of modern technology but some people are sending hundreds of text messages A DAY and don't know how to talk to someone face to face anymore. I just fear we are slowing losing that. Maybe instead of emailing your coworker who is two doors away from you, get up and go talk to them. Just a thought.
I have already talked about reality TV before but seriously what happened to the good old sitcoms? Like the Cosby Show or I love Lucy? Now its all about reality competitions and wife supernanny. I am just waiting for one that sparks my attention. Now that everybody loves Raymond, and friends are off the air.
What happened to supermodels and celebrity icons having a little shape? Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. The really popular supermodels in the 90's like Cindy Crowford and Tyra Banks had some curve, now we have models looking like they haven't eaten in 10 years. Now more and more women are trying to fit into size 0 jeans and starving themselves. Eat people. Its OK, having a little curve is sexy. And most of us no matter what we do are going to have Heidi Klums body. Just make what you have the best you can make it!
Since when is violence like the biggest thing since sliced bread? I am being a hypocrite saying this but truly. So much of our entertainment is based on violence and we enjoy watching it, listening to it, etc. I myself love such shows as 24, the bourne series, etc. So like I said this goes for me also. But it is kind of disturbing to think that we so casually watch very violent things without even thinking about it.
All in all I really love the world we live in. But sometimes I just wish that things could be more simple. We live in a complex enough world yet we are always creating more stress for ourselves and we spend less time on the things that are most important like family. I am grateful to be living in this time but wish for changes which I am sure everyone throughout history is always hoping for improvements within their day. But I just hope to not lose the goods things of the past, but use them to continue to create a better future.
So on the other hand here are a few things that make the modern world we live in great:
Cell phones
TiVo
Laptops
Assertive women on a larger scale
Better special effects
The Internet
TV shows available on DVDs
More variety in fashion available for more people
More acceptance of differences in people
Tossed salad in U.S.
More people going to college
And I could go on forever. There is A LOT to be thankful for.
Peace
Since when is violence like the biggest thing since sliced bread? I am being a hypocrite saying this but truly. So much of our entertainment is based on violence and we enjoy watching it, listening to it, etc. I myself love such shows as 24, the bourne series, etc. So like I said this goes for me also. But it is kind of disturbing to think that we so casually watch very violent things without even thinking about it.
All in all I really love the world we live in. But sometimes I just wish that things could be more simple. We live in a complex enough world yet we are always creating more stress for ourselves and we spend less time on the things that are most important like family. I am grateful to be living in this time but wish for changes which I am sure everyone throughout history is always hoping for improvements within their day. But I just hope to not lose the goods things of the past, but use them to continue to create a better future.
So on the other hand here are a few things that make the modern world we live in great:
Cell phones
TiVo
Laptops
Assertive women on a larger scale
Better special effects
The Internet
TV shows available on DVDs
More variety in fashion available for more people
More acceptance of differences in people
Tossed salad in U.S.
More people going to college
And I could go on forever. There is A LOT to be thankful for.
Peace






No comments:
Post a Comment